- Nilsson I.M.
- Andersson L.
- Bjorkman S.E.
- Spaulding W.B.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Immunology and Allergy Clinics
- Epsilon-aminocaproic acid (E-ACA) as a therapeutic agent based on 5 years' clinical experience.Acta Med Scand Suppl. 1966; 448: 1-46
- Methyltestosterone therapy for hereditary episodic edema (hereditary angioneurotic edema).Ann Intern Med. 1960; 53: 739-745
- A biochemical abnormality in hereditary angioneurotic edema: absence of serum inhibitor of C'1- esterase.Am J Med. 1963; 35: 37-44
- Hereditary angioneurotic edema. II. Deficiency of inhibitor for serum globulin permeability factor and/or plasma kallikrein.J Allergy. 1962; 33: 330-341
- Quantification of C1-inhibitor functional activities by immunodiffusion assay in plasma of patients with hereditary angioedema—evidence of a functionally critical level of C1-inhibitor concentration.Complement. 1984; 1: 147-159
- Hereditary angioedema: a decade of management with stanozolol.J Allergy Clin Immunol. 1987; 80: 855-860
- Replacement therapy in hereditary angioedema. Successful treatment of two patients with fresh frozen plasma.Lancet. 1969; 1: 326-330
- Treatment of acute attacks of hereditary angioedema with C1-Inhibitor concentrate.Ann Allergy. 1980; 44: 299-301
- Replacement therapy in hereditary angioedema. Successful treatment of acute episodes of angioedema with partly purified C1 inhibitor.N Engl J Med. 1980; 302: 542-546
- Treatment of hereditary angioedema.Klin Wochenschr. 1978; 56: 819-823
- C1 INH concentrate in the therapy of hereditary angioedema.Allergy. 1983; 38: 81-84
- Treatment of 193 episodes of laryngeal edema with C1 inhibitor concentrate in patients with hereditary angioedema.Arch Intern Med. 2001; 161: 714-718
- C1-inhibitor: an anti-inflammatory reagent with therapeutic potential.Expert Opin Pharmacother. 2001; 2: 1073-1083
- Hereditary angio-oedema: treatment with C1 esterase inhibitor concentrate.J R Soc Med. 1984; 77: 1046-1048
- Hereditary and acquired C1-inhibitor deficiency: biological and clinical characteristics in 235 patients.Medicine (Baltimore). 1992; 71: 206-215
- Clinical studies of sudden upper airway obstruction in patients with hereditary angioedema due to C1 esterase inhibitor deficiency.Arch Intern Med. 2003; 163: 1229-1235
- A randomized, controlled trial to study the efficacy and safety of C1 inhibitor concentrate in treating hereditary angioedema.Transfusion. 1998; 38: 540-549
- How do we treat patients with hereditary angioedema?.Transfus Apher Sci. 2003; 29: 221-227
- Hereditary angioedema: new findings concerning symptoms, affected organs, and course.Am J Med. 2006; 119: 267-274
- Treatment of hereditary angioedema with a vapor-heated C1 inhibitor concentrate.N Engl J Med. 1996; 334: 1630-1634
- Safety and efficacy of pasteurized C1 inhibitor concentrate (Berinert P) in hereditary angioedema: a.Transfus Apheresis Sci. 2003; 29 (firstname.lastname@example.org): 247-254
US HAE Association. C1-inhibitor (C1INH) personal importation. Available at: http://www.hereditaryangioedema.com/import.html. Accessed October 20, 2006.
- Long-term prophylaxis with C1-inhibitor (C1 INH) concentrate in patients with recurrent angioedema caused by hereditary and acquired C1-inhibitor deficiency.J Allergy Clin Immunol. 1989; 83: 677-682
- Hereditary angioedema managed with low-dose danazol and C1 esterase inhibitor concentrate: a case report.J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2006; 28: 27-31
- Successful off-pump coronary artery bypass graft surgery in a patient with hereditary angioedema.J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2002; 16: 473-476
- Hereditary angioedema: uncomplicated maxillofacial surgery using short-term C1 inhibitor replacement therapy.Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 1993; 101: 107-112
- Tonsillectomy in a patient with hereditary angioedema after prophylaxis with C1 inhibitor concentrate.Ann Allergy. 1994; 73: 435-438
- [The use of a C1-inhibior concentrate for short-term preoperative prophylaxis in two patients with hereditary angioedema.].Anaesthesist. 1996; 45 ([in German]): 626-630
- Acquired C1 inhibitor (C1-INH) deficiency type II. Replacement therapy with C1-INH and analysis of patients' C1-INH and anti-C1-INH autoantibodies.JCI. 1989; 83: 1794-1799
- Hereditary angioedema with normal C1-inhibitor activity in women.Lancet. 2000; 356: 213-217
- Self-administration of C1-inhibitor concentrate in patients with hereditary or acquired angioedema caused by C1-inhibitor deficiency.J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2006; 117: 904-908
- Recent advances in the use of C1 inhibitor as a therapeutic agent.Mol Immunol. 2003; 40: 155-158
- C1-inhibitor (C1-INH) autoantibodies in hereditary angioedema Strong correlation with the severity of disease in C1-INH concentrate naive patients.Mol Immunol. 2007; 44: 1454-1460
- Nanofiltration of plasma-derived biopharmaceutical products.Haemophilia. 2003; 9: 24-37
- N- and O-glycans of recombinant human C1 inhibitor expressed in the milk of transgenic rabbits.Glycobiology. 2004; 14: 51-64
- A phase I study of recombinant human C1 inhibitor in asymptomatic patients with hereditary angioedema.J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2005; 116: 876-883
- [Recombinant human C1-inhibitor is effective in the treatment of acute attacks of hereditary angioedema–case report].Przegl Lek. 2005; 62 ([in Polish]): 317-320
- C1-Esterase inhibitor: an anti-inflammatory agent and its potential use in the treatment of diseases other than hereditary angioedema.Pharmacol Rev. 2000; 52: 91-112
- Complement regulatory protein C1 inhibitor binds to selectins and interferes with endothelial-leukocyte adhesion.J Immunol. 2003; 171: 4786-4791
- C1 inhibitor: molecular and clinical aspects.Springer Semin Immunopathol. 2005; 27: 286-298
- C1-esterase inhibitor in ischemia and reperfusion.Immunobiology. 2002; 205: 552-562
- C1-inhibitor and transplantation.Immunobiology. 2002; 205: 534-541
- C1 inhibitor prevents endotoxin shock via a direct interaction with lipopolysaccharide.J Immunol. 2003; 171: 2594-2601
- C1-inhibitor protects against brain ischemia-reperfusion injury via inhibition of cell recruitment and inflammation.Neurobiol Dis. 2005; 19: 10-17
- Prekallikrein activation and high-molecular-weight kininogen consumption in hereditary angioedema.N Engl J Med. 1983; 308: 1050-1054
- Demonstration of modified inactive first component of complement (C1) inhibitor in the plasmas of C1 inhibitor-deficient patients.JCI. 1986; 78: 567-575
- Permeability-increasing activity in hereditary angioneurotic edema plasma. II. Mechanism of formation and partial characterization.JCI. 1969; 48: 642-653
- Role of the second component of complement (C2) and plasmin in kinin release in hereditary angioneurotic edema (H.A.N.E.) plasma.Trans Assoc Am Physicians. 1977; 40: 174-183
- Detection of active kallikein in induced blister fluids of hereditary angioedema patients.J Exp Med. 1980; 152: 742-747
- Generation of bradykinin during incubation of hereditary angioedema plasma.Mol Immunol. 1983; 19: 1365
- Kinin formation in hereditary angioedema plasma: evidence against kinin derivation from C2 and in support of “spontaneous” formation of bradykinin.J Allergy Clin Immunol. 1983; 72: 54-60
- Use of a kallikrein inhibitor in the treatment of urticaria and hereditary angioneurotic edema.Acta Derm Venereol. 1969; 49: 37-44
- Anaphylactic shock secondary to initial Trasylol administration.Am J Gastroenterol. 1971; 56: 542-544
- Anaphylactic reaction to aprotinin.Lancet. 1976; 2 ([letter]): 48-49
- DX-88 and HAE: a developmental perspective.Transfus Apheresis Sci. 2003; 29: 255-258
- Increased vascular permeability in C1 inhibitor-deficient mice mediated by the bradykinin type 2 receptor.J Clin Invest. 2002; 109: 1057-1063
- Selective inhibition of plasma kallikrein protects brain from reperfusion injury.J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2006; 318: 849-854
- Anaphylactic reaction and antibodies to DX-88 (kallikrein inhibitor) in a patient with hereditary angioedema.J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2006; 117: 476-477
- Reply: anaphylactic reaction and antibodies to DX-88 (kallikrein inhibitor) in a patient with hereditary angioedema.J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2006; 117: 477
- A new generation of bradykinin antagonists.Immunopharmacology. 1996; 33: 51-60
- Kinin antagonists: design and activities.J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 1990; 15: S69-S74
- Hoe 140 a new potent and long acting bradykinin-antagonist: in vitro studies.Br J Pharmacol. 1991; 102: 769-773
- Efficacy and tolerability of Icatibant (Hoe 140) in patients with moderately severe chronic bronchial asthma.Immunopharmacology. 1996; 33: 238-242
- The kallikrein-kinin system: current and future pharmacological targets.J Pharmacol Sci. 2005; 99: 6-38
This work was supported in part by Grants AI36220 and RR00833 from the National Institutes of Health.